Last year I decided that people needed to be more positive (mostly stemming from myself). It’s not easy to do that alone sometimes. People need encouragement. Every day isn’t always lollipops and rainbows. Looking on the ‘bright side’ is easier said than done. And frankly, most people just don’t know how to ask for that extra boost of positivity or motivation that they need. That’s how Positivity Week 2012 was born. Life is a roller coaster, and baby, we’ve all got season passes to Six Flags Great America. So let’s get together and ride this emotional tidal wave!
Spreading positive thoughts, inspirational messages, motivational sayings, words of encouragement and compliments are the ways to not only make ourselves feel better, but also help us to continue the trend and extend the positive thoughts and news to our nearest and dearest. YOU can change someone’s day today!
Here are some tips and ideas for Positivity Week 2013:
1. Reblog positive messages, quotes, sayings, etc.
2. Give compliments (and mean them). “You always tell the funniest jokes.” “Thanks for holding the door for me, pal!” “You’re a great friend.”
3. Always look at the bright side. Ex: You’re stuck in traffic. Bright side: Now I have time to sing along to my favorite tunes in the car!
4. Reframe your thoughts. Ex: Bad thought = I look so stupid in these pants. Why did I wear them? Reframe = “MAN, I’m rocking these pants today! Watch me strut my stuff down the street like Tyra Banks.”
5. Spread the positive thoughts via social media with the hashtag #Positivity13
Positivity Week 2013 will commence on Monday, October 14th and end Sunday, October 20th. Make it count! Tell your friends!